Everyone wants to have a beautiful, dazzling smile. There are so many reasons that this desire is so common. The self-esteem and confidence that a great smile gives are two personality qualities that are of extreme importance during the course of anyone’s life.
The amount of these qualities you display in your life will radically affect the course of your life and how you view the world. The effects of a beautiful smile do not simply stop with internal personality qualities.
Recent studies have shown that how attractive and easy a person is on the eyes affects how much earning potential they have throughout their entire lives. Literally, this means that how you physically look can vastly affect how much money you make in your career.
These are just a couple reasons why an amazing, good-looking smile is so important. But what are the best options that you have to improve your smile to its best possible aesthetic look? It really depends on the state of your teeth and the type of corrections that need to be made to your smile.
While many people think that the only option available to correct their teeth is with painful, cumbersome orthodontics such as braces, another option that could be ideal for them are porcelain veneers.
Veneers are a common option that is chosen by celebrities and people who need a quick, painless fix for their smile. Are you wondering if this dental beautification option could work for you? Let’s take a dive into porcelain veneers and their pros and cons here.
Porcelain Veneers: Pros and Cons
Porcelain veneers are tooth-colored “shells” made of porcelain that are tailor-made to cover your teeth. They are perfectly suited to help almost anyone obtain a gorgeous, pristine smile. Here are some reasons why they may be perfect for you.
Porcelain Veneer Pros
- Porcelain veneers can beautify your smile in a very short time. In most cases, people who want veneers can get them fully completed and set within two short visits.
- Porcelain veneers are a perfect option to fix teeth that cannot be fixed with any other dental procedure. If you have teeth that are permanently stained, malformed or chipped, you are no longer without any choices to correct your smile. Porcelain veneers can radically and permanently bring any set of teeth to a pristine condition.
- Porcelain veneers have a color that matches bright, healthy teeth. This is one of the main characteristics that makes porcelain work so well as a material to make veneers from. On top of this, porcelain veneers are extremely resistant to stains, so they will keep their beautiful color for a long time.
Porcelain Veneer Cons
- Getting porcelain veneers is a permanent process. As a result of the fact that your teeth will typically need to be shaped for the veneers to fit over them properly, the process of getting porcelain veneers cannot be undone and reversed.
- Porcelain veneers can be quite costly. This is due to the processes needed to make the veneers as well as the incredibly quick turnaround time they allow for you to get a brand new smile. The higher costs but quick solution times that are associated with porcelain veneers are why they are such a popular choice of celebrities and other high-income earners.
- Even though veneers can be applied to your teeth quite quickly, they usually need regular replacements due to damage and degradation. Usually, porcelain veneers can last about 15 to 20 years before needing to be replaced.
If you are interested in getting some additional clarification on porcelain veneer pros and cons or want some more information on veneers or other options to improve your smile, please contact us anytime at Gables Sedation and Family Dentistry.
We are one of the best dental practices located in the greater Miami area and it would be our pleasure to help make your smile more amazing!